Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Margaret Mahy Trip

On Thursday I went on a trip to Margaret Mahy. It was a great time. I went to lots of places like Victoria square.  We feed the eels, paddled in a Waka on Avon and it was so much fun. 

My favourite part of the trip was the waka ride down the Avon. I had a paddle to use. There were 10 people on my waka and 14 on the other waka. We raced boys v girls, the boys won the race, we were so happy.


Something I learnt was that female eels are bigger than the male eels. The Eels had sharp teeth. When I was feeding them they made a crunch on the spoon. They must have really sharp teeth. The eels don’t know what gender they are until they are 10 years old.


The thing I found the most interesting was Victoria square used to be a marketplace. 


This trip has helped me with my PBL because I can get some ideas for my PBL.


2 comments:

  1. Hi George it sounded like you had a really good time in town. I did'nt know that eels don't know what gender they are until their 10 so that was really interesting. next time maybe you could get more detail on how it helped you with you PBL Thanks from Maz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks maz i commented on your blog

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post