Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

coke and mentos 🐱

coke and mentos 

i was in my backyard and we were doing coke and mentos for whanau tasks  we put 9 mentos in we had a littlbeak well we were doing it don't use coke no sugar  it dose not work only on dit coke we did it on coke no sugar first then 2 coke no sugar then we new that so that is why dont use coke no sugar.
when the mentos goes in, because the mentos is full of carbon, the carbon dioxide(bubbles) is attracted to the mentos, so it pushes down to be with the mentos but as it goes down, it squishes the coke which is why the coke explodes, from the force of the carbon dioxide

2 comments:

  1. Hi George,

    Great explanation on how the experiment works George. The carbon dioxide takes up all the space in the bottle and the only way it can be released is to explode out of the top of the bottle. Good to know that No Sugar Coke does not work. I couldn't get the video to work unfortunately.
    How high did yours go? What would happen if you put less Mentos or more Mentos in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George

    Looks like you all had great fun doing this experiment! Great tip about the coke no sugar. Do you think it's important to have the sugar for this to work? I wonder why? I agree with Michelle the video isn't playing but I'd love to see it. Your explanation shows you are really thinking about why this happens.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post