Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Hydro

 Hydro slide show

Hydro electricity is the application of hydro power to generate electricity. It is the primary use of hydro power today. Hydroelectric power plants can include a reservoir (generally created by a dam) to exploit the energy of falling water, or can use the kinetic energy of water as in run-of-the-river hydroelectricity Hydro power has the ability to generate electricity without emitting greenhouse gasses. However, it can also cause environmental and social threats, such as damaged wildlife habitat, harmed water quality, obstructed fish migration, and diminished recreational benefits of riversIt is flexible. Water flow can be adjusted and even conserved according to the need for power. It is safe! Compared with the use of fossil fuels and nuclear energy, hydro power is a much safer system.Hydro power is NOT Clean Energy: Dams and Reservoirs are Major Drivers of Climate Change. Reservoirs and hydro power are often thought of as “clean energy” because they don't burn fossil fuels to produce electricity


By looking up at the GIF the water is going throw the dam into the turbine well it is spinning then it goes up to the generator then the transformer then the power line then we have electricity    


HYDRO POWER

TURBINE

2 comments:

  1. Well done on your PBL slides George - I can see you have put a lot of effort into your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW George that a LOT of STUFF Im going to use hydro power now

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post